My feeling is that for along time the customers/residents/subscribers of Second life, the creators and consumers of it's content, have felt that Linden Lab has totally disrespecting them and the markets that provide the major reason people bother to log into Second Life.
Now consider this:
- It is one of the closest opensim developments to be usable and closer to completion than the others... It will have a working economy in the next couple of weeks.
- They sell entire mainland regions for $59/mo with marginal setup fee..
- Each region supports 45,000 prims (yes 45 THOUSAND)
- Each region supports regular prims to 100m
- Each region supports regular building up to 4096 meters...
- There are currently 35,000 registerd users and over 300 active regions.
- There are brand new personal clusters that have a setup of about $500 and monthly fees of $235 (I think) that are 4 regions controlled together..
- (180,000 prims at your disposal)